Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Photo Shoots!

I’m involved with a photo shoot!

A little over a year ago, on a slow day at work Katie and I were just bullshitting in the back room and she told me how she had always been obsessed with the Disney princess characters. She told me she really wanted to do a photo shoot with an interesting spin on them. Mainly, to do some really amazing hair and hopefully get a little portfolio started. Then She asked me if i would be interested in brainstorming with her some ideas. I was totally on board with and the whole thing really took off from there. We had 7 princesses(one is just a character not a princess but she was too good to pass up.) with 7 different looks and scenes. Everything from how we wanted the make-up to look to what we wanted her body position and facial expressions to be.

After that, it was put on the back burner for a while. We both got busier at work and at home and things just weren’t clicking. Then some time over the winter this year Katie and I met up with Lauren Harris (who is an insanely beautiful model) to propose our idea to her and an amazing photographer, Alison Dunlap.She is extremely talented and I was even more excited about all of this after I met her. We decided to do 4 of our princesses now, and then the last 3 later. We also decided on May 1st to be our shooting date. Until that time we were pretty busy getting everything together. Buying clothes and props and getting the Hair extensions everything you can think of. It was crazy. haha But eventually May 1st came and Everything was perfect. The hair looked amazing so did the clothes! The make-up was beautiful and our make-up artists name btw was Nikki Evans she is also insanely talented. Loved everything she did! lol

All in all I have to say Katie and I are very pleased with how everything went. The pictures will go through editing and then I shall post them on here so everyone can seeee!& I’ve already started the research for our last three princesses. I'm thinking of adding one more "non princess" for fun! It’s going to be insane! :)

Photo for today: One of my favorites from the September 2008 issue of Italian Vogue. (Every picture from this shoot was amazing!) The beautiful, Emma Watson. She is so flawless. Even in paparazzi pictures she's perfect!! It's not all Photoshop!





stay fabulous
babies & happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...